Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Doing things the hard way



I hate doing things the hard way. This is the very reason I have clung to NetBeans like crazy. This dawn I wanted to get a schema for a JavaDB database so that I migrate it to MySQL. I have beein migrating data from one database to another for more than 2 years. It could be from MSSQL Server, Oracle, JavaDB, MySQL blablabla. I am able to migrate from any database to another. When I was trying to establish connection with NetBeans 6.8 it reported that the database was created in version 10.4 and is not supported in the JavaDB version of NetBeans 6.8. I have not really searched for the JavaDB version used by NetBeans 6.8. I installed NetBeans 6.0 and tried to connect but the same error was given. I think I would have to do my homework well before trying it out again.
I went through the features on NetBeans 6.0 and was glad to see the Visual Web JSF Developer feature. I wonder why it was uprooted in NetBeans 6.8. I have already downloaded the NetBeans 6.9 but have not installed it yet. I wonder if the Visual Web JSF Developer feature will be ressurected in this new version.

No comments:

Post a Comment