Monday, November 22, 2010

Eclipse saved my day

I had to put categorized content into a web application. I appended a string to the return value of a method. The application started to freak out. I had to tackle everything from the root level.
I jumped into the Ubuntu development server and started Eclipse.
I searched for the return value code and got tons of result. I reduced my search term and got two backed up files of the database containing the search term. I went into the live database, exported, backed up and refilled the table. The pages were still not showing.
All left for me to do was compare and contrast the content with other fields. After some minutes I was back on track and everything was working fine.
Eclipse for PHP is what I have been using on the development server. NetBeans is on it but searches are super-slow even after my optimizations.
I am beginning to fall in love with Eclipse on Ubuntu. But when I use Windows OS. NetBeans is my good old friend. I cannot help but appreciate the hardwork of the developers of both NetBeans and Eclipse.

No comments:

Post a Comment