Monday, November 29, 2010

Mastered JavaFX Visual Designer In NetBeans

 I thought it would be much complicated. I was totally wrong as it is far easier to build interactive, expressive and visually appealing interfaces for desktop, web and mobile (etc). I couldn't have understood the concepts if there were no tutorials on it from the NetBeans documentation team.
Serious animations of objects can be created with ease. You just edit an object's state and bind the animation properties to them. I love animating with opacity and rotation properties of an object.
The developers have done a great job but I am looking forward to more easier editing of components in the visual designer.
I hate editing objects size in properties only. One should be able to just drag an objects point handlers to resize them. Another feature I hate is one can't copy and paste an object. It freaks me out to build every object from scratch and provide their properties.
Besides these, databinding is made easier with lots of datasource implementations. All the crazy codes are generated and the only thing left for the developer to do is click their way through. Manipulating data is the sole objective of developers and I am happy I can create interactive database driven applications with JavaFX.
I am going to build my next line of projects strictly with JavaFX since I love expressive graphics but I am not a designer. All the hardwork has been done and all I have to do is write less code to achieve much.

No comments:

Post a Comment