Saturday, November 13, 2010

Introducing NetBeans IDE at my current workplace

As a web programmer and system's integrator, I had to integrate a php project into legacy systems. I hailed NetBeans as the best solution. There is this guy who was suffering himself on Ubuntu command line ( I am not against Ubuntu O.S. in any way - In my view it is the most easy-to-use, and stable Linux distribution) trying to debug errors in his project. I told him not to waste his precious time doing things the hard way since meeting deadline is the sole objective of developers. He said he hates Microsoft ( I had the NetBeans on Windows XP) and that he doesn't want to even hear the name. I traced the error quickly in my NetBeans on Windows XP. Later in the day, he downloaded NetBeans for PHP and installed it on Ubuntu.
The team which I manage had to customize an open source PHP application to integrate into the legacy system. As a guru in the usage of NetBeans I showed them how super-fast customizations can be done with NetBeans. They were besides themselves with excitement when we were able to meet the deadline. These guys are crazy about NetBeans and have decided to use it in any project they come across.
Life has been made a lot more easier with powerful tools like NetBeans, Eclipse, you name them. What took developers centuries to accomplish is now just a click away. I cannot stop to appreciate the hardwork of developers around the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment